In this session, we cover how Dealers can use OMVIC requirements to create a better relationship with their customers AND protect themselves down the road. Over the past 25 years, OMVIC is dedicated to enhancing industry professionalism and ensuring fair, honest, and open competition for registered motor vehicle dealers. OMVIC has been supporting dealer/salesperson compliance with the MVDA through FREE advertising review services, easy to follow guidelines, videos, toolkits with advertising templates, a negative equity calculator, checklists, and more! OMVIC also offers Education courses like the Key Elements Course – designed to help you brush up on MVDA rules and regulations. Visit www.omvic.on.ca for more information.
Ensure you provide full disclosure requirements when securing a contract with a consumer
- Ontario’s Motor Vehicles Dealers Act, 2002 (MVDA) mandates 22 specific disclosures dealers must make regarding a car’s past usage and condition, which can be found on OMVIC’s website omvic.ca. When dealers fail to disclose these important details, it puts everyone at risk, including the dealer themselves.
- With recent inventory shortages, the price of used vehicles and the possibility for profit have drastically increased, meaning the rise in fraudsters posing as dealers while illegally operating has also amplified.
- Disclosures must always be in print!
HOW OMVIC CAN HELP
- OMVIC offers free education services and webinars for dealers upon request, just email email@example.com today for more information on our services and materials.
- To find out more about auto-fraud, register for our fraud prevention webinar in September, hosted by OMVIC in partnership with the OPP. Watch our social channels in the coming weeks to find out how you can register.
- Follow OMVIC on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to stay up to date on the latest news.
- Email our dealer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-943-6002 Ext. 4 to help answer any questions when it comes to mandatory disclosures, the importance of understanding the law and more.
- You can find many free dealer resources to help you stay informed and understand your rights when selling a vehicle on omvic.ca.
- As a dealer, it’s always important to stay up to date on new guidelines for dealership sales operations. These documents are guidelines, tips, measures, checklists, and recommendations created to assist dealers remain compliant with the MVDA during a time of quickly evolving landscapes. These guidelines can also be found online at omvic.ca.
TADA Talks with
OMVIC Chief Executive Officer and Registrar